Thursday 14 April 2011

Wed.

I was walking down the road leading to the tube station as my eye caught a van that drive past, which read ‘Wed-in-Style’.
I sighed.
And I am only twenty-three.

What is it about weddings and marriages that makes me want them and squirm at the same time?

I think I want it, cannot have I yet and so I squirm.

On closer examination of my behaviour, I observed that there is quite a wedding mela all around. If my mother was on Facebook (I think she is on, in fact, and I rememeber she even mentioned she wanted to “be my fraaaannd” – quite a eeyikes moment that was) she would have surely been concerned about the number of weddings doing the rounds and her dear daughter not even closing up on it.

Any chance that ‘Wed-in-Style’ refered to spending Wednesdays in style?!

Quite a possibility. It’s London, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment